Human Resource; Our Core Competency Leader
Manager; Middle Management; Senior Management; Senior Officer
CRMCSV (If you are registering via HRMS, please use the last 5 characters only)
You must complete an e-learning programme on LEARN. The annual subscription fee of $128.40 (inclusive of 7% GST) will be charged if you do not have a LEARN account. Do note that CSC will not prorate the cost of the annual subscription of LEARN.
Who Should Attend:
You are a team leader or supervisor who wants to gain a better understanding of the performance management approach in Public Service.
Course Fees and Grants
PSD will subsidise $162.00 of the total course fee before GST. The grant is valid from 01 Apr 2021 to 31 Mar 2022. Please note that you need to complete the course in order to qualify for the grant.
With the launch of “Our Core Competencies” in place of the AIM model, supervisors will need to manage the performance and development of their officers using the new set of competencies.
As our renewed set of core competencies prepare public officers to deliver excellence today and build the Public Service of tomorrow, this programme also seeks to equip supervisors with a more progressive performance management approach.
- Articulate the underlying philosophy and principles of Performance Management in the Civil Service
- Flex appropriate Performance Management tools by considering People, Policies and Processes
- Apply Our Core Competencies to effectively manage the performance and potential of your officers
- Design Performance Management interventions within the performance management cycle to effectively motivate and improve performance of officers
- Develop capabilities and enlarge the capacities of your officers
Last updated: 11 May 2021
Part 1: E-learning on LEARN
Learn how to appraise your staff using Our Core Competencies, as well as how to manage their performance through the different phases of the performance management cycle.
It is compulsory to complete the 0.5-hour e-learning module before the classroom training. If you do not attend the e-Learning module, you will not be able to attend the classroom session.
Part 2: Virtual Classroom Training
- Philosophy and Principles of the Civil Service Performance Management System
- Elements of Performance Management - People, Policies and Processes
- The Roles of Supervisors and Team, Needs and Aspirations of Officers
- The Performance Management Cycle
- Planning Phase: A progressive approach to Goal Setting
- Monitoring Phase: Moving to Feedback 2.0
- Evaluating Phase: Using Our Core Competencies in the appraisal and development process
- Growing Phase: Taking a coaching stance to develop your officers
- Managing Under Performance and Handling Disagreement
- Partnering Human Resource
Tam Li PhinTam Li Phin has some 35 years of experience as a Practising Engineer, Academician, Consultant and Administrator in both the public and private sectors. Trained as a Civil & Structural Engineer, she has a wide spectrum of experience with the Ministry of the Environment (now the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources), Public Utilities Board, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Civil Service College and private consulting firms. Within the span of her career, she has been involved in organisational re-structuring, identifying systemic issues and handling change management. In the last 10 years, she has held directorship at various departments in Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the Civil Service College. In her role as Director, she oversees various HR functions including talent management, succession planning, recruitment, staff deployment, rewards, performance management and training and development.
- 07 Jul (09:00 - 16:00)
- 08 Jul (09:00 - 16:00)
$577.80 per participantApply Now
(including 7% GST of $37.80)
(including 7% GST of $37.80)
- Registration closes on 02 Jul 2021
- First-come-first-serve basis.
- Course fee may vary on different financial year.
Need help? We are glad to help you
Email or call us at +65 6874 1733